Ashton Tyler was born March 2nd 2010 at 3:51 pm. Weighing 7lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long. He's got a head full of black hair and he's the sweetest thing I have ever seen. My due date was originally Feb 27th so I was in for my check up 3 days later. Dr. Christensen told me I was dilated to a three (only .5cm more then my last appointment) and 80% effaced. He asked me if I wanted to be induced. I wanted my baby five days ago so Tyler and I said yes. Dr Christensen said he'd go call and see what times were available and left the room. When he came back he handed me a sticky note with the date. It said Tomorrow at 7am! we were shocked. That soon!? We both got a big grin on our faces at the thought of seeing our little boy after waiting for so long.
As the day went on the excitement began to fade for me and the more and more I realized... I'm having this baby! I got so nervous and scared about Labor. I broke down to Tyler that night when we realized that this was going to be our last night as just the two of us and that the next morning, I'd be pushing a baby out. We both said a prayer that everything would go well. I said my own prayer pleading for his help, that I would have the strength and courage that was needed to have a good delivery. I was so nervous.
The Next morning we got to the hospital we were already ready to go by 7:30. They had me get dressed in my beautiful gown and then put a monitor on my belly that monitored Ashton's heart rate and showed when I was having contractions. As soon as they strapped that thing on they told me I was having consistent contractions. The weird part was I couldn't feel them at all.
A Little while later a nurse came in and hooked me up to my IV, then started the pitocin to get things going. After a little a while my contractions started to get stronger and stronger. The thing I'm amazed about is how calm and out of it I was. I wasn't on any pain medication or drugs but I felt so lethargic and out of it. I'd say ninety percent of the whole labor my eyes were shut and it all seemed like a dream. My mom came a few hours later. As time kept going the intensity of my contractions grew stronger and stronger. The thing that got me through them was knowing there was a break in between them. I threw up a few times because of the pain, but that wasn't the worst part. After being there a few hours the nurses came in and told me I was dilated to a five! Half way there! That gave me hope so I kept going. An hour or two later my contractions got worse of course and I was sure I was dilated to a seven or eight, but when they checked I was 6cm dilated and 100% effaced. I wanted to cry. How much longer was this going to be?! They said I could get some pain medication or an epidural but I knew I could go on a little bit longer on my own so I wanted to wait. I told my self if I was only at an seven or an eight I would get the epidural because I couldn't take the pain any more.
Forty minutes later the nurse checked me and I was ten centimeters dilated leaving no choice for pain medicine. How relieved I was. I wanted to try going natural and I had made it. Not to say that it wasn't difficult, because it was, but I anticipated more. I thought I'd be screaming bloody murder "You did this to me!" at Tyler but no, In between my contractions I was falling asleep. That's why I know I had help.
After checking me the nurse said she would come back once I felt the need to push. She had barely walked out the door when the feeling came. She didn't leave the room after that. For two hours I pushed and I pushed to get that little guy out. For one of those hours he was crowning. Because I had been pushing for so long, I was swelling to much for him to come out. So, Dr. Christensen numbed me up and gave me up and gave me an episiotomy. About fifteen minutes later our little Ashton Tyler came out.
I know my Heavenly Father was there helping me through it all. I know that because I pleaded and asked for his help, He was there. Every step of the way. I couldn't have done it with out him. I truly feel like when I was in labor, some one or something took over and did it for me. There's no way I'm strong enough to have done that on my own with out him. He helped me. He's been with me from the start of all this. He knows my needs and has blessed me beyond what I deserve.
When they placed him in my arms for the first time. He was staring right at me. What a beautiful baby he was. I was so tired and exhausted that I just closed my eyes and let the nurses take him. It all seemed like a dream to me. My little boy was finally here.
Tyler came over to me and held my hand. He told me how proud of me he was and that he loved me. I'm so glad I have a loving husband who is there for me. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. He's the greatest man I know. He was so sweet holding his new son. You just could see the instant love he had for him.





Oh Kindra, I remember it like it was yesterday. You wrote this so beautifully. I will never forget the feeling of the moment watching you labor so hard for your little one to come. And saying a prayer or to myself for you, Tyler and Ashton. What a beautiful little family you have!
ReplyDelete