Friday, June 25, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

The Other day my friend Katie told me to come look at this huge spider that was outside of my apartment. Me being a curious fellow, came and was shocked at how enormous it was. I have NEVER seen a spider that big that wasn't a tarantula. The weird part was It's butt was huge and lumpy looking. I tried taking a picture of it to show Tyler how big it was, but the picture just wasn't doing it justice so I HAD to show it to him in person. I grabbed a cup, put it over the spider and slid cardboard under the cup so the "little" guy wouldn't go any where. I should have just left the cup outside but I didn't know how long Tyler was going to be so.... I brought it inside.

When Tyler came home I brought him over to the kitchen table where i had left it and lifted the cup up to show him. (see picture below)

As soon as Tyler looked at it you could see the shock on his face. He then stated that those "lumps" on the spider's back were babies! and we needed to get rid of it ASAP! What the freak?! babies? I immediately did as I was told and put the cup back on the spider and brought it to our bathroom so we could flush it down the toilet. Before doing so, Tyler and I decided we needed to take a picture of it. When I came back with the camera we snapped a picture and not even three seconds later the spider was on the move! We tried to catch the spider with the cup but it jumped off the bathroom counter and when it landed on the floor-mat little baby spiders went EVERYWHERE! I thought I was in a horror film. As the spider continued to run to get away, more and more baby spiders fell off and were scattering all over our bathroom floor! Immediately I grabbed the floor mat and put it in the washing machine and Tyler started to kill the baby spiders with my hairspray. As soon as I was done at the washing machine I grabbed bathroom cleaner and started to join him. Tyler found the Momma spider and put it in the bathtub so it wouldn't go any where while we attacked the baby spiders. We eventually killed them all and finally flushed the mom down the toilet! I'm pretty sure that was the scariest night of my life.

p.s. After doing a little bit of research, we found out that it was a Wolf Spider. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment