Meet our BMW X5.
Sexy looking beast right?
Well this thing is a word I can't repeat.
I hate it.
Sure it's nice looking but
since we bought it 4 years ago the, heater went out, we hit a deer with it, the sound system quit working, Tires have been blown (several times), Navigation screen got ruined, door locks are broken and then the AC quit.
(There is definitely more crap that went on as well)
But beforeTyler left for Pittsburgh he wanted to get the AC fixed in the BMW so that he could have it for the summer.
Cost a lot of money, (close to $800) but needed to be done.
While on his way to Pittsbrugh, guess went out again.... The AC!
So we don't have AC again and its an entirely different problem then it was before so that's another $800 to fix the dang thing again.
"Well we can deal with not having AC for awhile lets just roll down the windows." we thought.
Well Tyler gets to the area and endures the 81 degrees of heat with the windows down and then for some odd reason the car breaks down.
Can't drive it...
He called a tow truck agency and they hauled it to the shop and sure enough its gonna cost another $800 to fix. Some dang hose that makes our car run broke.
Well. Gotta have a vehicle right?!
We fixed what we had to and on a nice hot day when it decided to rain Tyler says to one of the reps,
"uh-oh... It's starting to rain! Roll the windows up."
"what did you say?... you can't?!"
That's right! the rear passenger window wont roll up!
I really wish I took a picture of what Tyler did to try and "Fix" the problem.
Our bathroom towel was used to cover up the window for a few days...
Hello Ghetto.
Now that the Window regulator was shot, the door handles decided we weren't having enough fun so they started to go out too.
Tyler can't get into the Drivers side door any more. The dang door just wont open.
So if we want to drive our car, we either have to roll down the windows with our key, reach in and use the handle inside or
Climb in from the front passenger side door.
That wasn't the only door that wanted to give out, remember the door with the screwed up window...
Well that door won't open too!
Nice.
Well That dang window was driving us and the reps nuts so we decided to spend $240 to get the window regulator fixed.
Tyler took my Volkswagen Bug for a few days while it was in the shop.
The second day he's out there I get a call from him.
"The clutch on the Bug just went out and it can't be driven any more just called a shop and its going to be $5-600 to fix."
I didn't know whether to cry or laugh.
So much for driving it two-thousand miles so I can have a vehicle!
In the mean time, our Beamer's window got fixed and
Tyler went back to driving the dumb thing to work.
Litterally not even a week goes by and Tyler says,
"Oh guess what Kindra. The front passenger window wont roll up now."
Welcom back Ghetto windows.
Welcom back Ghetto windows.
By this time. I'm laughing.
What else can go wrong?!
umm... Maybe I shouldn't ask that question.
Maybe my question should be, "Is it time to get rid of this crazy thing?!"
Maybe my question should be, "Is it time to get rid of this crazy thing?!"

OH. My. Gosh,
ReplyDeleteThat is seriously the worst story I've ever heard. SO so awful, KIndra. I am sorry!
haha oh my gosh! I would get rid of it! I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that! What a pain!
ReplyDeleteMisery! I say ditch them both at the end of the summer & buy one you can count on & share for a bit. We had one car for two years & having another for us would have been a complete waste of money since we were both mainly at home during the winter. And having your parents live with us we could use one of their cars if we absolutely needed. Only thing was we had to rent in the summer so I wasn't without car bc that is not ok. :) But that was nice bc then the guys weren't trashing our car & we could write off the entire thing. Good luck & keep your sense of humor!
ReplyDelete