Monday, May 21, 2012

Goodbye Pops!



My Dad was such a big help this past week.
Not only did he drive all the way to Pittsburgh,
he watched Ashton while I went on a much needed grocery run. 
Tyler had Tapioca pudding, lunch meat, cheese, milk, some canned food and Trix cereal for food!
He had one roll of toilet paper, no shower curtain and no sheets for our bed.
I'm still baffled on how he was alive when I got there.

While checking out at Walmart someone said to me
"I sure hope you have a big truck for all this stuff!" 
My response was "Lets just hope it fits in my little Volkswagen Beetle!"
Touche was his reply.
I think he thought I was joking about my car. 
But amazingly I got it all in there. 
My mom would say "Where there is a will there's a way."
I had a will. :)

After buying the whole grocery store, my dad helped be bring all of the groceries in. 
It was so nice having him here.
I took him to the airport bright and early and now he's safely back in Boise Idaho.

While he was here my friend Megan watched Ashton so we could make a trip to The Ohio Temple.
My Dad has a goal of doing work in one hundred temples before he dies and this was his fiftieth Temple. 
You can just see the love he has for temples and how excited he is about temple work.
With the Boise Temple being closed for remodeling I haven't gotten to go for a while, 
So it was so nice to be able to get away from all the craziness of the world and focus on things that matter most.
I always feel like everything will work out when I go to the temple. 
I love having that feeling of peace when I go.
Before we left for our trip my dad found out he has Chronic Kidney Disease from all the radiation and treatments he had with his cancer. I can tell that his spirits were lifted as well and that he has hope for a bright future. 
I love my dad.
Thanks for coming down with me Pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment