Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bumps and Bruises

When people told me boys get hurt and to expect to see a lot of bumps and bruises,
they weren't kidding!
I'm pretty sure if people didn't know us they would think that we abuse our son.
Now I have these pictures just because Ashton is obsessed with looking at his "Owies" 
and as soon as he gets hurt he asks me to take a picture so he can see it. 

This month Ashton has had some pretty big falls.
Every time it happens I feel horrible.
The first fall we were at Walmart and I stopped at the Jewlery counter to see if they would take a link out of my watch. While I was talking to the lady Ashton tried to get out of the cart and while doing so fell out, hit the counter with his head and then smacked his head hard on the floor.
I felt like a horrible mom because he wasn't buckled up... (learned my lesson there)
Walmart's manager came, had me fill out a form saying what happened and then a few days later I got a call making sure I wasn't going to file a law suit. ha
that was the last thing on my mind. 
I felt so bad for Ashton I cried myself. 
We bought him a popsicle and he was a happy boy after that.
Now every time we go to Walmart he says, "Mom, I want to fall."
crazy kid.


Scraping his hands and knees from falling down is a weekly almost daily thing.
Even if I kept this guy inside all day he still hurts himself. 

Yesterday we were playing and he picked something up that was too big and tripped over it.
The impact from the fall made his teeth go into his lip and when I picked him up
there was blood everywhere. 
I almost took him to the emergency room it was so bad.
Blood got on the carpet, His clothes, my clothes, the kitchen floor looked like I murdered someone. 
I cleaned him up to see how bad it was and calmed down a little after I realised it wasn't as bad as the blood made it seemed. Even though it was bad. 
Then after he calmed down and went back to playing he ran his face into Table.
Now that's not funny but I couldn't help but laugh. 
Poor guy.
I think Its about time we go get some more Buzz Lightyear bandaids.

1 comment:

  1. Kindra! I know how you feel! Cache gets hurt all the time!!!! We've already done a few trips to the ER for stuff and it's not over yet. John asked during his last fall how I stayed so calm. My answer was, "I've done this a few times." :) Love little boys!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete